functions as a core member of the IHS Markit Upstream Costs and Technology team by creating analytical models and managing data flows. On occasion, the analyst will contribute to consulting projects and attend industry events. The Data Analyst will be expected to take initiative in identifying and solving more complex problems independently, and utilize knowledge of their assigned disciplines to produce carefully vetted and quantitative products.
- Perform statistical and other quantitative and qualitative analyses utilizing tools and applications including R and Excel, statistical modeling, and regression analysis to develop strategic business insights.
- Manage the data from external and internal sources; process, synthesize and integrate diverse inputs to support accurate, insightful and in-depth research.
- Improve current models by rebuilding or modifying them. Models including estimating and forecasting of key cost trends and market values and identifying various supply and demand trends.
- Assist with ad hoc analytical consulting projects
- Define data requirements, gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Maintain data infrastructure and develop scripts for regular processes.
- Utilize programming and analytical tools including R, Excel, EViews, Power BI or similar tools to formulate mathematical models and visualize data.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, or mathematics or technical field.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting
- Must have some experience using R
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and have solid problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills for activities of moderate complexity.
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels of business in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Power BI would be a plus
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers
- This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
- This position may be required to travel on a limited basis – 5 to 10%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business related needs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below)
. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.
- Information Technology and Services
- Oil & Energy
- Project Management
- Information Technology